On November 21, MMSD 7th grade students will participate in FutureQuest, a hands-on event at the Alliant Energy Center to give students opportunities to interact with professionals from all careers. Read below for what your student/s will gain by participating and how you can help.
What students will gain:
Students don’t have to decide on a career anytime soon, and in fact they will likely have multiple careers throughout their life. However, beginning to explore the journey people took to get to their adults lives will help students make better decisions later. Interacting with adults in a number of different careers and backgrounds can provide students an excellent experience to gain:
- Knowledge of personal characteristics, interests, aptitudes, and skills needed to succeed as an adult;
- A better understanding of high school and post-high school opportunities;
- A better understanding of the relationship between school performance and future options;
- More exposure to multiple careers; and
- An understanding of personal goal-setting and decision-making next steps
Looking to help? Listed below are ways you can support FutureQuest!
- Chaperone for your student’s school: Connect with your school’s Academic and Career Planning Coordinator to see their timing for the event! Click here to find a link to each school’s ACP website and contact information.
- Help as a volunteer: Available positions and descriptions can be found in the 2019 Volunteer Positions Guide. To sign up to be a volunteer, please go to the SignUp Genius link here. Share this link with others as well! We are currently in need of volunteers for all positions.
- Host an exhibit: We are still seeking businesses to join us as exhibitors. Please encourage your business connections to consider participating in this event by going to the Event Bright Company Registration!
- Ask your student/s what they learned at the event
Thank you in advance for your support!